Friday, November 15, 2013

A Fun-day Kind of Friday!

I headed back over to my friends house after work for some fun times in her scraproom.  She has hired me to help her use some of the many scrapbook items she has and to get some of her much needed layouts complete! *Please feel free to ask me about this service!
I couldn't wait to get my hands on this layout, she special ordered some of the Brave paper and die cut title for this (www.scrapyourtrip.com).  I know I know...everyone will want to know where she got the Merida girl and the triplets....She found them online and printed them onto sticker sheets.  We worked on handcutting them out and while I designed and put the layout together she was busy helping me cut circles for the target...and check out that handmade bow and arrow- her hubby made it the night before I came so that we'd have it to use on the layout! So cool!
 I hand-tore the brick wall paper and handcut some of the hair paper to peek out from behind the brickwall.  I have to say this is one of my favorite layouts that I've made in awhile.
 Yes this Brave title was also printed onto the sticker paper but it was on stark white background so I used several inkpads to tone the color down and make it look antique and worn looking.
Close-up of the banner and bow and arrow.

The next layout was made with paper also from www.scrapyourtrip.com.  I started by just layering the papers, then knew I had to make a red light, from there I could see the banners and circles being brought to the other side of the layout.  When you don't have alot of embellishements for a layout then you make due with buttons, bling, ribbon, twine etc...
 We are going to add a checkered flag aboe the "Speedway" sign when she finds one.
Check out that cool swirled twine!  I've been using twine for along time and with a little bit of scrappy glue you can make it do just about whatever you want!

Hope you enjoy our layouts that we created today!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS