Saturday, February 13, 2010

3 Posts in One Weekend!


I have been whipping them out this weekend. I completed several for my clients and 1 for myself! It's not embellished too much, but when you just need to get caught up...then to heck with all the extras!

Which brings me too this subject...where is scrapbooking going? I almost miss the old days of flatness! This might just be my thoughts for the month, but I do love that anything goes in scrapbooking, but I think many times I feel like I need to add so much "stuff" to my layouts, because that is what is expected of me. I've come to the conclusion I am a simple scrapper...it takes me about 1 hr or so to crank out a layout , I just don't have the patience to work on a layout for anything longer than a couple of hours. I do find myself adding things now and again but for the most part...I just want to get it done and make it nice at the same time!

I must thank Aphra for inspiring me. I just love her style and I must say I just love looking at her layouts...they rock! Thanks Aphra!

P.S. And one other reason that there are not many embellishments....I've looking through every bin that I own for my "snow stuff" and couldn't find them anywhere! I just hate when that happens.

6 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

Awww....you're so sweet, Wendy. Thanks! I love your style, too. And I think you should scrap whatever way you like to scrap....even if that varies every time you sit down to do it. I'm learning how to give myself permission to do whatever, even scrap boys in pink. :) I ADORE this snow layout. Isn't it fun that we even get to do them?

Robyn Schaub said...

Thanks for popping by my blog, Wendy. I agree...Aphra totally rocks. Love her stuff! I don't think you should feel like you have to add a bunch of embellishments to your layouts. In essence, scrapbooking is a form of expression, and if the layout feels "done" to you, then it's done. Your style is uniquely your own, and I think your layouts are lovely!

Erin said...

I checked out your friends blog...she is awesome! I love the pic of you and your family...it is a real picture...not some staged photo op...I too am a simple scrapper. I just have too much going on to spend 5 hours on a layout!

Frances said...

Love your layout Wendy! I think what the heck...do what you like to do on your layouts. It's a hobby, something you should enjoy, and I think sometimes we put ourselves in a box. And at that point it ends up becoming a chore...live it up girl! Flat or soooo full you can barely fit it into a page protector! LOL

Heather Bares said...

I agree with everything you said!!! I will admit to sometimes going a bit overboard on a layout or two, but for the most part, my stuff is pretty simple and I like it like that. It all depends on what kind of mood I am in when I scrap! I scrap for me and not to impress others. When I sit down to scrapbook, it is my getaway from everyday life, the last thing I want to do is stress myself out over scrapbooking, lol.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

everything you do is beautiful!!!!! What's important is the pictures, the title, a little bit of journaling and voila!!!!!
Luv ya!!!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS