Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Angels on Earth




I began a scrapbook to collect information for my brother about his accident. One layout that I actually put together in about 30 minutes was, "My Angel on Earth". We were lucky enough to meet the girl who witnessed Troy's car accident and it is a miracle within itself. Meet Bonnie...her father was in a hunting accident in El Campo, Texas and for many of you who are from Bay City, you know right where this is. He has been in the trauma unit at Herman for a few months. She visits her father on a very regular basis. On the night of Feb. 21st she was driving home when my brother came up onto 59 and lost control. We knew nothing of this young women until one night my mother was visiting with a lady and her daughter walked in. My mom began to tell them our story. Bonnie said, "Oh my goodness, I was the one who witnessed his accident and I stayed with him until he was life flighted to the hospital. She was able to give us so many details about the wreck, that we may never have known. It was also a complete comfort to know that he had someone at his side...and she was his angel on earth. I will forever owe her my life for staying with him. When I met her, I couldn't even talk...all I could do is cry and tell her thank you. She told us exactly how he came onto 59 and lost control of his truck. He went across five lanes of traffic, not hitting a soul. Wrecked into the median wall and then went back over the five lanes and hit the other wall. She said when he went across the first time, it was amazing how all of the cars came to a complete hault...which I can't even imagine on such a busy freeway. I do have pictures of his truck...but I'd rather not post these. I hope you enjoy knowing that there are angels that walk this Earth...and Bonnie is one of them.

6 comments:

Lisa F. Hebert said...

Wendy, I am sitting here reading your blog with goose bumps. I always believe in angels and here is proof. I pray everything goes well for your brother. There is a long road ahead of him. But he will come to realize he is very blessed.

Heather Bares said...

Wendy, beautiful layout and beautiful post.

Lisa Fruge Johnson said...

Isn't it wonderful how God knows just what we need? Even in times of tragedy, he sends us his love and comfort! I am so glad your family has gotten to meet "your angel"! Beautiful layout! We're still praying for yall!

Tina said...

Wendy,

Your layout is so beautiful both visually and spiritually. I, too believe in angels. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa Gautreau said...

The layout is gorgeous and I got chills from reading your blog. Your brother was indeed lucky and was meant to live through this for whatever the reason...God does have his plan. I hope all goes well with your visit! Take care and be careful.

Bonnie said...

Hi Wendy,

Your mom came by this afternoon and left me your blog address. Thanks so much for posting such sweet things about me. I do believe God has a plan for all of us because I can honestly say I'm not sure if I would have felt so strongly about stopping and staying with your brother if I wasn't going through a similar situation with my dad. Troy is in my thoughts and prayers as well as your family. It may be a long road, but it is one that I'm happy to still be on! I will continue to pray for steps in the right direction. Love and prayers, Bonnie

p.s. If you would like to stay updated on my dad's progress, we have been updating a site for him at www.prayingforlouisb.blogspot.com.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS